AAISA has received a number of inquiries about how to prepare for a possible novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak from our colleagues in the settlement & integration sector. As the provincial umbrella organization representing resettlement, settlement, and integration services to newcomers in Alberta, we are more than happy to share a list of resources for those working in our sector.
We will be monitoring the situation and will regularly be updating the sector as more information becomes available.
For Agencies and Newcomers
- AIMGA: AIMGA members are helping educate newcomer communities about COVID-19 by providing pertinent information in various languages
- Calgary Catholic Immigration Society: CCIS has been kind enough to share materials they have been developing as preventive measures. This includes signage, educational material, and protocal. If you work in the settlement & integration sector and would like to review these materials, please email email@example.com and we can provide you with copies.
- Two posters that SPOs may choose to use for their offices asking clients who are presenting with symptoms to not enter the premises – English & French
- PurposeMed: The PurposeMed platform has been launched to help ease the strain on Healthlink and provide Albertans free access to physicians without leaving your home.
- Calgary LIP: COVID-19 Resources
- Government of Alberta: Multi-Language Resources (English, Arabic, Chinese, French, Korean, Punjabi, Spanish, Tagalog, and Urdu).