By understanding and approving this form, you agree to the terms below for all training sessions in which you participate during 2017-2018 fiscal year. Please read carefully.
AAISA is committed to providing a positive, respectful learning environment for every individual in all the training sessions. To ensure this environment, AAISA has developed guidelines for professional conduct and online usage. Committing to these guidelines through your signature on this document confirms your commitment to these guidelines, ensuring a great learning experience for everyone.
An AAISA member is any individual currently employed by an AAISA member agency defined as “Any legally registered not-for-profit organization in Alberta, with the prime mandate of the organization/branch being settlement and integration services for all immigrants and refugees and that provides two (2) settlement or Integration services delivered specifically to immigrants and refugees.”
An AAISA non- member is any individual from any organization outside of AAISA membership as defined above.
Responsibilities of AAISA
AAISA will protect the privacy of those who participate in its online training courses in accordance to the Freedom of Information and Protection Act.
AAISA may collect the following personal information:
- Employer Contact Details
- E-mail address
Professional Conduct & User Responsibilities for Online Sessions
- All assignments that are part of the module must be submitted on or before the stipulated due dates for the participant to have completed the module.
- Attendance is mandatory for Course Introduction sessions, Adobe Connect sessions and/or other collaborative sessions. Cell phones must be turned off during collaborative sessions. No telephone conversations may take place during these sessions.
- Any other conduct that is considered disruptive to the class or disrespectful to other participants or the facilitator is unacceptable.
- You recognize that information sent over the internet is not completely secure and while all provisions are made to protect your data, the security is not guaranteed. You agree that AAISA is not liable for any security breach that arises as a result of your use of the online learning system.
. AAISA servers may also automatically collect information about you, your online behavior and your computer, mobile or other device. The information collected may include, without limitation, the make, model, settings, specifications (e.g., CPU speed, connection speed, browser type, operating system, device identifier) and geographic location of you and/or your computer, mobile or other device, as well as: date/time stamp, IP address, pages visited, time of visits, content viewed, ads viewed, the site(s), application(s), destination(s), and/or service(s) you arrived from, and other clickstream data.
- The user agrees to use its confidential information in a responsible way that will not harm AAISA or any of its member agencies.
- The information forms, and multi-media material provided to the learner is confidential. The user is not permitted to make copies, distribute, nor duplicate for any reason other than training use. Anyone found infringing on copyrights will be held liable and punished by law.
. You may not authorize or permit anyone else to access and/or use your Registration Information, or access, visit and/or use the online Service by use of your account/profile and/or Registration Information. You may not access and/or use anyone else’s Registration Information, or access, visit and/or use the online Service by use of anyone else’s account/profile and/or Registration Information. You may not sub-license, transfer, sell, rent or assign your Registration Information to any third party without our written approval. Any attempt to do so will be null and void and shall be considered a material breach of the Agreement.
. If you have reason to believe that your account/profile is no longer secure (for example, in the event of an unauthorized disclosure or use of your Registration Information), you must immediately change the affected Registration Information by using the mechanism or contact information on the Service, if available, and/or close the account/profile. If no such mechanism or contact information is available on the Service, please immediately notify AAISA.
. AAISA reserves the right at any time, with or without notice to remove or require a change to or repossess any password and/or User ID that has been provided to you or other Registration Information, or otherwise change the access means or methods for portions of the service, the service as a whole or certain products and/or services.
Failure to comply with the Guidelines for Professional Conduct, attend all scheduled collaborative sessions, or hand in all required assignments will result in an incompletion of the module.
Professional Conduct & User Responsibilities for Face to Face Sessions
- The attendance sheet must be signed at the beginning and end of both the morning and afternoon sessions. Failure to be present for the full duration of the module and failure to sign your own name one of the four times, will be regarded as an in completion.
- There is a 15-minute grace period after the class is scheduled to start. After this time, the attendance sheet is sealed in an envelope and you are marked absent.
- Cell phones must be turned off. No telephone conversations may take place in the classroom, nor may a participant leave the room to answer the phone.
- Respect designated coffee and lunch hour breaks. Avoid leaving the room as much as possible during the session. If you must leave the room, do so in a respectful way by not disturbing your fellow participants or the facilitator• Any other conduct that is considered disruptive to the class or disrespectful to other participants or the facilitator is unacceptable.
- Pre- and post-assignments that are part of the module must be done in a timely manner for the participant to have completed the module.
The facilitator has full authority to ensure ‘Professional Conduct’ is maintained throughout the course. Failure to comply after signing this document will result in the removal of the individual from the class. AAISA will fully support the facilitator’s decision.
Failure to comply with the guidelines for Professional Conduct, sign attendance sheets, or hand in all required assignments will result in an incompletion of the course.
A member may participate in an AAISA training session by paying a fee of $40+ $10 admin fee.
A non-member may participate in an AAISA training session by paying a fee of $240+ $10 admin fee.
- PayPal is AAISA’s preferred method of payment.
- Once AAISA receives notification of your payment, you will immediately be registered in the course.
AAISA Refund Policy
As a refund policy, registrants will be reimbursed with the registration fee of $50 (members) or $250 (non-members) if they withdraw from the course before the registration deadline. The amount will be reimbursed to the same account/credit/debit card which had been charged.
AAISA Cancellation Policy
AAISA will refund a registration fee of $50 (members) or $250 (non-members) if the registration cancellation happens prior to the Course Registration deadline. AAISA will not refund a registration fee of $50(members) or $250 (non-members) if the registration cancellation happens after the course registration deadline.
I acknowledge that I have read this agreement, I understand its contents and I will respect my fellow participants by contributing to a healthy, respectful learning environment. I understand that if I contribute to a negative learning environment, I may be asked to leave, and I must oblige. I acknowledge AAISA’s copyrights for all material used during training and if caught distributing, duplicating, or copying material I may be held accountable by law.